The curious history surrounding Veterans Day on November 11th is interesting and quite unique. In 1918 on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, all major hostilities of World War I were formally ended. Veterans Day was initially referred to as Armistice Day and was created to celebrate the service of all U.S. military veterans. A respectable and loving way to honor a Veteran on this special day, is to send a flower arrangement or plant from Mayfield Florist.
In 1919, President Woodrow Wilson gave a memorable speech where he highly commended the men and women of the United States military. “To us in America the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service, and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of nations”.
Both Armistice Day and Remembrance Day are celebrated in other countries as a remembrance to the end of World War I. In 1954, Veterans Day became the official name in the US to honor our military men and women. Veterans Day differs from Memorial Day. While both days honor our military, Memorial Day is designated to honor those who died while fighting for our country. Veterans Day is designated to honor all of the military folks who have served our country.
You will find creative, loving and fresh floral products at Mayfield Florist. Here is a short list of ideas for other kind acts to honor a Veteran.
- Hire a veteran – If you own a small business or are in a hiring position at a company, perhaps hire a veteran who is anxious to get out into the working world.
- Donate frequent-flyer miles – For any of us that travel a lot for work or pleasure, perhaps you have accumulated some extra travel miles that you may not use. One organization that would love the free flyer miles is the Fisher House Foundation Hero Miles Program. They are dedicated to assisting family members with travel expenses so that they can be close to their loved one who may be ill or injured.
- Hire a veteran’s caregiver – Offering support to veteran’s families is so valuable. Plus, many of these folks are incredible employees.
- Volunteer your skills – If you have knowledge of a trade or financial planning etc., veterans can benefit from your volunteer teaching.
- Donate Money – There are several organizations that support veterans and they can always use private donations.
- Veteran Speaker – Many veterans have wonderful and inspirational stories of overcoming adversity and never giving up. Find one that enjoys speaking to other veterans.
- Do business with a veteran-owned company – Astonishingly there are an estimated 27 million veteran owned small businesses in the U.S. These companies are run by the fine men and women that defended our country. You will find some of the most trustworthy services and quality products.
Luxurious Upscale Floral Design
Roses, Protea, Tulips, Seeded Eucalyptus
Desert Sunset Bouquet – The award-winning floral design team at Mayfield Florist created this luxurious, upscale floral design. This beautiful floral bouquet has all the colors of the sunset. The arrangement features exotic Protea, Roses, Tulips, Safari Sunset, Carnations, Seeded Eucalyptus and other assorted greenery. This flower arrangement is the perfect gift for anniversaries, birthdays or any occasion!
Tucson Petite Blush – The award-winning floral design team at Mayfield Florist created this stunning floral arrangement. We call it Tucson Petite Blush. This arrangement is part of our new petite floral collections. This week, surprise your loved one with this one-of-a-kind arrangement! Orange and pink roses, two different kinds of hydrangea, a cymbidium orchid and more are featured in this beautiful arrangement presented in a designer ceramic container.
Desert Sunset Bouquet
Drexel Heights Florist – Same Day Flower Delivery to Drexel Heights
Florist Drexel Heights Arizona
Unique, Artistic Floral Designs
Mayfield Florist offers fresh, high quality floral products. We serve the greater Tucson area, including Drexel Heights. Our Ecuadorian roses are simply stunning. We are a second generation, family owned and operated floral design firm. We provide flowers for all occasions. Our wedding and event flowers are simply breathtaking. We employ a very talented team of floral designers. They create some of the most luxurious, upscale flower arrangements you can imagine. The delivery staff at Mayfield Florist is second to none. They make daily delivery runs to all Tucson area hospitals, churches, funeral homes and mortuaries.
Local Same Day & Express Delivery | Nationwide Same Day Flower Delivery
Tucson Petite Blush
Mayfield Florist operates multiple floral design centers in Tucson. Our Central location is located at 1610 North Tucson Blvd. This flower shop is open to the public for in-store shopping. We have a beautiful showroom and our walk-in cooler always has lots of great occasion themed flower arrangements for immediate purchase
1610 North Tucson Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85716
Get Directions »