This May 14th on Mother’s Day, celebrate mothers, grandmothers, and all the other women who have shaped our lives. It can be a challenging holiday for those of us who do not know what to get for mom! If you are like most people and need some help shopping, Mother’s Day Plants are a great option, and our expert floral designers are eager to assist.
SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFERS – USE ON MAIN WEBSITE
Best Mother’s Day Plants
You can find a wide range of Mother’s Day plants available when shopping. Below are just a few examples:
Gerbera Daisy (Gerbera jamesonii)
Tropic Snow (Impatiens walleriana)
Dwarf Star Hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis ‘Dwarf Star’)
The Gerbera Daisy is also known as Gerbera, which is an annual flowering plant with bright yellow flowers. It has large petals and leaves that are deeply lobed or cut into several parts. This variety grows up to 12 inches tall and 8 inches wide with small white flowers that bloom from summer through fall.
The Dwarf Star Hibiscus is a low maintenance plant that blooms throughout spring and early summer with red-orange-colored flowers about 3 inches across each bloom cluster on its own stalk above the foliage; it grows best in full sun but can tolerate partial shade conditions as well–just watch out for spider mites if you live in hot climates!
Tropic Snow Impatiens are a bright and colorful variety of annual flowers that grow up to 12 inches tall and 8 inches wide with small white flowers that bloom from summer through fall. This is an easy-care plant that can tolerate full sun or partial shade conditions; just watch out for spider mites if you live in hot climates!
Best Indoor Mother’s Day Plants
- Gerbera Daisy: This daisy is a great choice for indoor mothers because it is a flower that will last for a long time. It is also easy to care for, so if you are not the most experienced gardener, this plant is a good choice.
- African Violet: African violets are another popular flowering plant that make great gifts for mom on Mother’s Day. They come in many different colors and sizes, so there is something out there for everyone!
- Peperomia: If your mom loves plants but does not have much room in her home or office space, then peperomia would be ideal–they thrive even when they are only given indirect sunlight! Plus, they are super easy-to-care-for, so you will not have any problems keeping them alive over time (which means no guilt).
- Succulents: Succulents are an excellent option for people who have a black thumb and cannot keep plants alive. They are hardy and do not require much care, making them perfect for busy moms who are always on the go. This plant is versatile and can be used as a centerpiece on a table or desk, or even just in a decorative pot outside.
Best Outdoor Mother’s Day Plants
Gardenias and hibiscus are great for your mom who loves to garden! They are easy to grow and will multiply quickly, which means you can give her more flowers every year. If she does not have much space for a garden, these plants work well in pots on the patio or porch. Plus, they will last for months after Mother’s Day!
If your mom loves flowers but is not interested in growing them herself, consider gifting her some poppies or peonies instead–they both thrive outdoors without needing much care at all (and they look beautiful too)!
If your mom loves to garden, you have come to the right place! We have a wide selection of flowers, plants, and even some gardening tools that she will love. If she does not do much gardening herself, but still loves flowers, consider giving her some poppies or peonies instead–they both thrive outdoors without needing much care at all (and they look beautiful too)!
Flowering Mother’s Day plants are a great way to show your mom how much you care.
Some of these flowering plants include:
- Geraniums (Pelargonium) – These flowering plants have long been used in traditional medicines and teas, but they are also popular for their colorful flowers that come in many different shapes and sizes. They grow best when planted in full sun or partial shade and need regular watering. If you have an indoor container garden, make sure to use a soilless mix with good drainage so that it does not get too wet (or else the roots will rot!). Geraniums can be grown indoors year-round as long as they get enough light — try putting them near a window where they will get plenty of sunlight during winter months when days are shorter than usual!
- Fuchsias (Fuchsia) – These popular flowering plants are often used as indoor decorations because they are so easy to care for. They can be grown in full sun or partial shade and need regular watering. You will want to make sure that your plant is getting enough water, though — if its leaves turn brown or droop over time, then it probably is not getting enough water! If you have a small space, try growing them in an indoor container garden. They do best when they are grown in soil with good drainage, so make sure that your pot has holes at the bottom for water to drain out of!
Floral Gifts for Mother’s Day
Giving flowers as gifts for Mother’s Day is a great idea and there are many different ways to do it. You can give flowers in a vase, bouquet or pot. You can also give the plant itself or even just the cutting! Flowers are a great way to show your mom how much you love her and appreciate her hard work throughout your life. There are many different types of flowers to choose from, so you can easily find something that your mom will like. For example, if she likes roses then get her a bouquet of them! Or maybe she prefers tulips or daisies – whatever it is, it will be sure to put a smile on her face! If you give her some in a vase or pot, then she can keep them around for as long as she wants and enjoy looking at them every day!
We hope that this list of the best Mother’s Day Plants will help you find something special for your mom. We are standing by to assist you!
Mayfield’s Florist Mother’s Day Plants and Local Same Day & Express Delivery Service
Mayfield Florist offers the best selection of beautiful Mother’s Day Plants in Tucson, Arizona. We offer all your favorites. Choose from beautiful flowering baskets, gorgeous dish gardens, live green plants and stunning Phalaenopsis orchids. You’re right to wonder if a flowering plant is the right choice for your Mom for Mothers Day. It’s a great choice!
Flowering plants are perfect for moms because they’re so beautiful and look good anywhere—from the kitchen table to the dining room table. They also make great gifts because they’re easy to care for, and they last for weeks or months after you bring them home from the florist.
There are several types of flowering plants that are really popular for Mother’s Day. We sell a ton of European dish gardens, flowering baskets and quite a few live green plants. We find that Arizona moms absolutely love high desert succulent dish gardens. A flower dish garden is a plant gift that’s made up of a variety of plants that you can plant in any container. It can be a great gift because it gives you more flexibility than other plant gifts, like potted plants or annuals.
We create traditional dish gardens and succulent dish gardens using many different types of containers. The most popular options are containers that are easy to water, like terra cotta pots. If you’re looking for something more permanent, you can also use decorative planters and vases.
The best part about creating a flower dish garden is that there are no rules about what goes where—you can arrange your plants however you want! So if your recipient has red flowers on their mantelpiece or blue flowers in their living room, this is a great way to give them something they will love no matter where they decide to put it.
Our firm is one of the premier floral design firms operating in Tucson, Arizona. If you are in the area, please stop in and visit our brand new flower shop location at 2200 North Wilmot Road, Tucson, AZ 85712. The design center has a beautiful customer showroom, open to the public for in-store shopping. Our showroom is filled with occasion themed gifts. It has a large walk-in cooler. The award-winning floral design staff at Mayfield Florist keeps that cooler filled with beautiful, farm-fresh floral bouquets, themed for many different occasions.
European Garden Basket
Gorgeous Flowering Garden Basket. Available For Local Same Day Delivery
A perfect combination of green and blooming plants arranged in a garden make this a great gift selection.
2200 N Wilmot Rd
Tucson, AZ 85712